Send a Text & Voice Broadcast
Disclaimer: The Create Broadcast page is currently undergoing some style changes. Some items in this article may be out of order, but the basic functionality is still there. We will update this article as soon as the changes are finished.
You can send a combination of text and voice messages to your contacts without having to go through the Create Broadcast steps multiple times. You can choose to send either a text OR a call or a text AND a call. This guide reviews how to create a Text & Voice Broadcast.
Before You Begin
You may want to set up your Contact list before sending your first broadcast. You can read about setting up contacts in our support articles, Adding, Editing and Deleting Contacts, and Upload a File of Contacts.
Tip: You can upload a file or add individual contacts directly to the Create Broadcast page in Step 2 for one-time use.
How to sent Text & Voice Broadcast
Sending any broadcast through Create Broadcast will consist of four steps. The following will walk you through each step.
Step 1: Settings
- Click Create Broadcast on the top navigation bar once inside your account.
- Give your broadcast a name. Names are for your internal organization and do not display to contacts.
- For Message Type, select Text & Voice
Message types include:
- Selecting to send a text OR a call will send a text message to cell phones and a phone call to landlines automatically.
- Selecting to send a text AND a call will send a text message and call to cell phones and a call to landlines.
- Select Yes if you wish for the broadcast to go out as soon as you complete setup.
- Select No if you wish to select a date and time for the broadcast to go out.
Broadcast Types include:
Click the CREATE A BROADCAST tab at the top of the page after logging in.
Step 2: Recipients
- Decide who you want to receive this message. You have four options:
- Add from Contacts - will add numbers that are saved from your CONTACTS section
- Paste from Clipboard - allows you to copy and paste numbers into the system
- Upload a File - allows you to upload a file
- Add Individually - provides a form to enter numbers in manually
- Click Continue
Step 3: Messages
- Step 3 will present you with three options for adding audio to your broadcast.
- Record new message - will allow you to record audio using your phone after completing Step 4.
- Upload a message - allows you to upload an audio file directly from your computer
- Select from message library - allows you to append already existing audio from your account's message library.
- Step 3 will present you with a text box to type your message.
- Click Continue
Step 4: Review & Submit
- Review the information presented to make sure your broadcast settings are correct.
- Click Send Broadcast, Get Recording Instructions, or Schedule Broadcast depending on if you have set the message to go out immediately or not.
Note: If you are recording audio you will need to follow the instructions on the Get Recording Instructions page for your broadcast.