Understanding Text Broadcast Results
After sending a broadcast, our system will collect the result of each message from the end carrier (e.g. AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile). You can view your text broadcast results from your Broadcast Details page by clicking on the broadcast from the Home screen. Typically, these results are available immediately, but sometimes cellular carriers can take up to 24 hours to send us detailed results.
In this article
Understanding Text Broadcast Results
Sent To Carrier
The message was sent to the recipient’s mobile carrier. Not all carriers return a handset delivery receipt.
The message was delivered to the recipient's mobile carrier. It is then up to the carrier to deliver the message to the recipient's device successfully.
- Phone Unreachable – Many scenarios can lead to a cell phone being temporarily unreachable. It could mean the phone is out of its cellular service area, is not currently enabled for text messaging, or is on a prepaid plan and is out of allotted messages. In addition, there are occasional network failures on the carrier side that could lead to failed message delivery. Lastly, we have seen circumstances where this result means that the contact has a spam filter enabled for their phone number (this seems to be more prevalent among T-Mobile customers).
- If you have a T-Mobile contact who has a spam filter enabled and wants to turn it OFF, they can do so by dialing #632# and pressing the call button.
- If you have an AT&T contact who has a spam filter enabled and wants to turn it OFF, they can find instructions in this AT&T support article.
- Rejected for possible Spam – If carriers believe the text messages sent from your text number are spam, they are likely to block your messages.
- Disallowed URL - If your message contains a shortened or redirecting link, the carriers will sometimes block your message. See our best practices for Sending URLs in Text Messages.
- Unsupported Media - It's possible the media you attached is too large or not supported by the end carrier delivering the message.
- Carrier Limit Exceeded - To reduce the amount of spam, fraud, or otherwise unwanted messages being sent to cell phones these days, the carriers have put limitations in place. AT&T has implemented speed limits (messages per minute), while T-Mobile has implemented volume limits (total messages per day). If you see this result when viewing your broadcast details, please contact us about registering your organization to increase your limits. See this article for more information.
- Rejected by Handset - This occurs when a recipient has put a block on your text number. To resolve this, ask the recipient to either remove the block themselves or contact their phone carrier and ask for the block to be removed so you can resume texting them.
You can read more about possible text delivery issues in our support article Understanding Potential Text Delivery Issues
Displays phone numbers that opted out before your message was sent
Lists phone numbers that were not contacted because the system was unable to complete sending your broadcast. (e.g. if a broadcast is canceled or expires)
Contacts that replied to your broadcast with an opt-out request (e.g. STOP, Please remove me from your list, Wrong number)
These are the inbound text messages that your contacts have sent in response to your message. Here you can respond to individuals or adjust their status to be opted out.
View Broadcast Details Page
Open broadcast details for any broadcast on the Home page by clicking on the broadcast you wish to see detailed results for. This is a simple two-step process:
- Navigate to the Home screen.
Click on the desired broadcast.
View Text Result Categories
On the Broadcast Details screen, you will see several categories with the results of your broadcast on the left side of your screen.
To view details:
Click the category you wish to review on the left-hand side
When Am I Charged?
Credits will only be deducted for texts sent to the carriers. Results of ‘Rejected for possible Spam’ will not deduct credits from your final credit balance.
Results of ‘Rejected for possible Spam' will not be counted towards your group size.