How Do Credits Work?
n this article
Our Pay-As-You-Go plan is based on credits. One credit equals one 30-second voice message or one 160-character outbound text message (inbound text messages are always free!). Longer texts and voice messages are supported, they just cost additional credits. Learn more about how credits work below.
Note: Credits never expire and are only used when we successfully communicate your messages. If a text isn’t successfully sent to your contact’s phone carrier or a voice message doesn’t get to a live person or voicemail, you aren’t charged for it.
Before You Begin:
- Not sure if Pay-As-You-Go is the right plan for you? Let us help you choose the right Text-Em-All plan
- Visit our Pricing Page for current pricing for credits.
- To learn more about when credits are deducted from your account, visit How Credits Are Consumed.
Text Broadcast Credits
One credit equals one 160-character outbound text message (inbound text messages are always free!). However, you can send a text of up to 320 characters for two credits. Text broadcasts that include an image (MMS) are 2 credits per recipient phone number. At this time, Cricket Wireless users cannot receive text messages containing images.
- 0-160 character text = 1 credit per phone number
- 161-320 character text = 2 credits per phone number
- 321-480 character text = 3 credits per phone number
- 481-640 character text = 4 credits per phone number
- Texts with images (MMS) = adds 1 credit per phone number
- Inbound text messages are always free!
Note: Credit costs are the same for both text broadcasts and one-on-one conversations.
Voice Broadcasts Credits
One credit equals one 30-second voice message. However, you may record a voice message up to 120 seconds long. The longer the voice message, the more credits per phone number your broadcast will cost.
- 1-30 seconds = 1 credit per phone number
- 31-60 seconds = 2 credits per phone number
- 61-90 seconds = 3 credits per phone number
- 91-120 seconds = 4 credits per phone number
Note: Additional credits are not used for a Survey broadcast.
Live Transfer Call Feature
A successfully connected transfer call will cost one credit per minute after the recipient is transferred on the line with you. This is because we host the call when someone transfers to your line through our system.
To learn more about this optional feature, visit Using the Live Transfer Feature.