How Do Credits Work?
In this article
Our Pay-As-You-Go plan is based on credits. One credit equals one 30-second voice message or one 160-character outbound text message (inbound text messages are always free!). Longer texts and voice messages are supported, but they just cost additional credits. Purchased credits never expire. Learn more about how credits work below.
Before You Begin:
- Not sure if Pay-As-You-Go is the right plan for you? Let us help you choose the right Text-Em-All plan.
- Visit our Pricing Page for current pricing for credits. Credits start at 9 cents each! We also offer discounts when credits are purchased in bulk.
- To learn more about when credits are deducted from your account, visit How Credits Are Consumed.
Text Broadcast Credits
One credit equals one 160-character outbound text message. You may send a text of up to 960 characters. Including an image (MMS) adds 1 credit per recipient's phone number.
- 0-160 character text = 1 credit per phone number
- 161-320 character text = 2 credits per phone number
- 321-480 character text = 3 credits per phone number
- 481-640 character text = 4 credits per phone number
- 641-800 character text = 5 credits per phone number
- 801-960 character text = 6 credits per phone number
- Texts with images (MMS) = adds 1 credit per phone number
- Inbound text messages are always free!
Note: Credit costs are the same for both text broadcasts and one-on-one conversations. If you're interested in sending outbound 1:1 conversations without consuming credits, you'll want to enable the Unlimited Conversations add-on feature.
Voice Broadcast Credits
One credit equals one 30-second voice message. You may record a voice message up to 120 seconds long. The longer the voice message, the more credits per phone number your broadcast will cost.
- 1-30 seconds = 1 credit per phone number
- 31-60 seconds = 2 credits per phone number
- 61-90 seconds = 3 credits per phone number
- 91-120 seconds = 4 credits per phone number
Note: Survey broadcasts do not cost extra credits.
Live Transfer Call Feature
A successfully connected transfer call will cost one credit per minute of connected time after the recipient is transferred on the line with you. This is because we host the call when someone transfers to your line through our system.
To learn more about this optional feature, visit Using the Live Transfer Feature.