Launching a Text Broadcast by Phone
You can launch text broadcasts directly from your mobile phone without having to log in to your Text-Em-All account! In order to use this feature, you must first enable this feature in the Text Settings section of your Settings page by adding your cell phone as an authorized number.
- Click the name in the top right hand corner.
- Select 'Settings' from the drop down menu.
- Click 'Text Settings' on the left.
- Click 'Set Up Text Phone Launch' (If there is already a mobile number entered, click 'Edit' to change the number.)
- Enter your mobile number and click 'Save'.
To launch a broadcast, you'll send a text (that begins with the # sign) to your account's toll-free number. If you want to send a text to a specific group instead of everyone, you'll need to know the List ID of the group that you want to text. You can learn about List ID's here. Text messages sent through phone launch must be limited to 160 characters including the #all or #ListID number.
To text a specific group: Text [#ListID and your message] to your toll-free number.
Example: #6 Coach Jones here. The start time for tomorrow's game has changed to 8pm.
To text all of the cell phone numbers in your account: Text [#all or #0 and your message] to your toll-free number.
Example: #all Coach Jones here - Don't be late for tomorrow's 8pm game!
**Sending an image is not compatible with Phone Launch.