How to Opt Back in to Receiving Messages
If a contact has accidentally opted out or changed their mind, there are several ways for them to begin receiving Text-Em-All messages again.
- The individual can text your account's text number with the word "UNSTOP." For example, text UNSTOP to 888-123-4567, and you'll begin receiving text messages again from this number.
- On our older short code platform, contacts can text "JOIN [keyword]" to 292929.
- The Text-Em-All account holder can opt phone numbers back in from the:
- Opt-Out Report
- Contacts page
Edit opt-out from the Opt-Out Report
You may remove or modify a contact's opt-out status if they opted out via voice or you added them to the list yourself. The following steps show how to opt a number back in via voice, text, or both.
- Navigate to the Opt Out Report on the Reports page in your account.
- Find and click on the number you need to opt back in to open up the Edit Opt-Out Dialog.
Click the Opt-In radio button to opt users back in for voice.
- When finished click Save.
Note: If the contact opts out of texting from their cell phone, you cannot opt them back in. They must text the word UNSTOP to your text number.
Edit Opt-Out from Contacts
You have the option to edit a phone number's opt-out status from within the Contacts section if the number is currently stored as a contact in your account.
- Navigate to your Contacts page.
Click on the contact you want to opt back in. A small icon will denote which contacts are opted out.
- In the Edit Contact dialog select the Opt-In/Out tab.
Toggle the switches for what you wish to opt them back into, voice, text, or both.
- When finished click SAVE
Note: When a number opts out from a text message, we will block your account from sending BOTH voice and text messages to that number.