How Contacts Can Opt Out of Messages
A customer can opt-out of receiving future messages from your account at any time.
Note: When a number opts out from a text message, we will block your account from sending BOTH voice and text messages to that number.
How contacts may opt-out by phone:
- At the end of each live-answered message, the recipient is given the option to press 3 to opt-out.
- By calling 866-284-6198, a recipient can opt-out from receiving any messages from Text-Em-All.
How contacts may opt-out via text:
- Text any of the following standard terms to your account text number - STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE.
- The first time you send a text message to any new phone number from your text number, opt-out instructions stating "Reply STOP to stop anytime" will be included at the end of your text message. These instructions do not count toward your character count.
- On our older short code platform, contacts can text "STOP" to 292929.
How to opt a contact out from within your Text-Em-All account:
Within your Text-Em-All account, you also have the ability to add phone numbers to your opt-out list. This can be done from several places in your account:
- Go to Reports → Opt-Out Report
- Click the Add An Opt-Out button to add a contact to be opted out.
- From a one-to-one conversation
- Click the Opt-Out icon
- You can also click the three-dot menu on the conversation and then click Opt-Out.
- From any tab on Broadcast Details for a completed broadcast.
- Click the three-dot menu for the number
- Click Opt-Out
Note: While our system will automatically opt-out numbers that text back with a standard term (stop, cancel, or unsubscribe), all users are responsible for viewing/managing replies to ensure users asking to opt-out are opted out.
Want to opt back in? Learn how here.