Customized Join Replies
Contacts may join your contact list by texting a keyword to your account's text number. You may set up an automatic text reply when someone joins your contact list. This can be set up for the entire account or for specific groups on the Contact page.
Before You Begin
There are a few things you should know about customized join replies before you decide if this is a feature you would like to use.
- The maximum length for your auto-reply is 160 characters. If you are on the Pay As You Go plan, your account will be deducted 1 credit for each custom join reply sent out.
- All custom keywords for groups must start with the word JOIN. There is no way to change this keyword.
Enable Join Replies
To enable a custom join reply for your account, follow these directions.
- Go to Settings → Text Settings.
- Click Edit on the "Enable Join Reply?" row.
- Click the toggle button to enable join replies.
- Type your join reply in the text field.
- Click OK.
Enable Join Replies for Groups
- Go to the Contacts page.
- Hover your mouse over the group you wish to enable join replies for and click the three-dot menu
- Click Edit info from the menu.
- Click the toggle button to enable join replies
- Type in your custom Join Keyword if desired
- Type in a join reply message
- Click Save
Note: Contacts can join the group and receive the join reply by texting "join [group name]" or "join [group keyword]" to your account's text number.