Local Number Texting
What is Local Number Texting?
Do I qualify for a local number?
What are the benefits of a local number?
- Carrier support and assurance – Like toll-free numbers, communications providers allow you to register your usage which will help avoid unintentional spam filtering.
- Local phone number recognition – Send text messages to your contacts individually or in mass with a local phone number. Contacts may trust a local number more which helps build engagement and provides a great experience.
- Text- and voice-enabled phone numbers – Local numbers support voice, which allows your customers to send and receive text messages on the same number they call you on. This creates a more seamless experience for customers, making it easier and more convenient to engage with you between calls and text messages.
Are there any limits on local texting?
|Suggested Max Daily Volume*||Registration Recommended?|
| 4,000 messages**
|4,000+ messages||Yes - Vetted|
**1 message is equal to a 160-character text message.
Can I register my local number(s)?
Right now most people do not need to register. However, if you send more than 2,000 messages in one day you might want to consider registering to avoid running into carrier limits.
Unfortunately, vetting comes with some significant fees from text carriers. For this reason, we require you to reach a minimum spend before being allowed to register.
|Eligibility for registration||Anyone||Anyone|
|Eligibility for vetting||500+ group size||Minimum spend of $700|
If you need help with registering, reach out to our customer experience team at email@example.com or 877-226-3080.
Can I use my own local number?
Yes! If you'd prefer to use your own phone number, fill out this Text-Em-All Letter of Authorization (LOA) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (You can't enable a mobile number for texting). Our team will work with the carriers to text-enable your number.
Tip: Mobile phone lines will not work for local number texting. Text carriers only allow landline numbers to be enabled for mass texting.
- With any new text number, you will want to remember to assign the new text number to all your users so that they can send text messages as well.
- Be sure to enable the text features you want on your new local number (including auto-replies, notifications, required opt-ins, max character limit, and unlimited conversations)
- For additional questions about local number messaging or to switch over today, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or call 877-226-3080.