Update Max Text Character Limit
By default, your account is set to the highest max character limit available for your plan. For Pay-As-You-Go the limit is 960 characters and for monthly the limit is 320 characters. Monthly accounts cannot adjust their max character limit but Pay-As-You-Go accounts may want to restrict the length of text messages in order to save credits by sending shorter messages.
How to update your max character limit
- Navigate to your Settings > Text Settings page
- Click Edit to the right of "Max Character Limit" under "Text Settings"
- Select your preferred length
- Click Save
Why can't I record a longer message?
You may notice that you can't record up to 120 seconds at times in your account. There are two reasons why your account may be restricting you to less than 120 seconds:
- You don't have enough credits. Every 30 seconds of your voice message requires 1 credit for each phone number you are calling. If you need your message to be longer than 30 seconds, you may need additional credits per phone number. Read about how credits work.
- Your account settings may already be set to limit your message length to less then 120 seconds. You can edit these settings using the instructions above.