Record Audio with Microphone in Create Broadcast
You can record audio from your device's browser using a microphone. This can only be done from the Create Broadcast or Message Library screens.
Supported browsers for recording audio.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
How to enable microphone permission
When first enabling your browser to record via your microphone many browsers will ask your permission. It will look something like this image:
If you see the following message in the app you will need to manually adjust your browser's settings to give permission.
Most browsers will allow you to click a small lock icon in the top navigation bar where you type in web addresses. Click here to allow permission to use your microphone. Each browser may be slightly different in how this looks.
In some rare cases, you may need to open your browser's Settings page to allow the microphone to be used. Check your browser's support documentation to learn how to allow the microphone permission.
Record audio in your browser in Create Broadcast
- Navigate to the Create Broadcast page in your account.
- On step 3 of Create Broadcast, select Record with microphone
- In the dialog click Start Recording to begin recording a message.
- Your message must be 10 seconds long to record. After 10 seconds you will see the option to Stop Recording become active. Press this button when you are finished recording your message.
- If you wish to start over you can press the Start Over button at any time.
- After recording your message you will have an opportunity to listen to the message, give it a name, and/or a description if you would like. When ready click Add to Broadcast.