How do I set an auto reply?
Auto replies can help you to warn contacts about unmonitored inboxes, set away messages, or provide important information for your contacts. If you have more than one text number you can set an auto reply on each number. This article will walk you through how to set up an away message.
Note: Auto replies are only available for pay-as-you-go accounts at this time.
How do I set up an auto reply?
You can set an auto reply to trigger outside your custom office hours or you can set it to always trigger 24/7. We will only send one auto reply per contact in a 12 hour period. This is to prevent your credits from being wasted by contacts sending repeat questions or accidental texts. Follow these steps to set up your away message.
- Find the text number you wish to add an away message to on the Conversations or Settings > Text Settings pages.
- Click the three-dot menu that appears next to the text number. (On the Conversations page you will need to move your mouse cursor over the number for the menu to appear).
- Select Edit Auto Reply from the menu.
- In the Auto Reply Settings dialog, you can choose to never send an auto reply, always send an auto reply, or only send an auto reply outside specified office hours. Make your selection by clicking the radio button next to the option of your choice.
- If you choose to set custom office hours please note that the message will only trigger outside the chosen timeframe. You may choose to do Weekdays, Everyday, or set custom times for each day of the week.
- Next, type your message.
- When you've finished make sure to click Save to finish.
How to see auto replies in conversations
If your account sends an auto reply to a contact it will show on the individual conversation on the Conversations page. The auto reply will be in a blue message bubble and say "Auto Reply".
Currently, Auto Reply messages will look like normal outbound messages in the mobile app.