Change Caller ID for Voice Calls
You may change the phone number that shows in your contact's caller ID at any point. This article will show you how to make changes to the caller ID.
Note: Text-Em-All cannot control what a Caller ID will display on an end contact's phone. For example, we can't force a particular company's name to show in the Caller ID. For landlines, what displays in the Caller ID is controlled by what the number is registered as with the phone company. For cell phones, it will depend on if the contact has your number saved in their phone as a contact. It is a best practice to encourage frequent contacts to save your phone number in their phone so they always know who is sending them a message.
Change Caller ID for a single broadcast
On Step 1 of Create Broadcast, you have the ability to type in a new caller ID number for voice calls. The number you type in will only be used for the current broadcast and will not save for future broadcasts. Follow these instructions to add a caller ID number for just the current broadcast.
- On step 1 of Create Broadcast select Voice Only or Text & Voice for your message type.
- Scroll to the Broadcast Settings section at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Caller ID field and type in the phone number you wish for contacts to see when they receive your message.
- Click Continue when ready.
Note: Changing your caller ID in this section will only save the number for the current broadcast. You may save a new caller ID in your Settings > Voice Settings page.
Change Caller ID for all future voice broadcasts
You may update your caller ID for all future voice broadcasts in your account settings. Follow these instructions to change your caller ID:
- Navigate to your Settings → Voice Settings page.
- Click Edit next to the Caller ID setting at the top of the page.
- Type in your new Caller ID number
- Click OK.