Upload a File to Contacts
You can upload a single sheet Excel or .CSV Comma Delimited file that contains your contacts into your Text-Em-All account.
How to upload a file to Contacts
- Navigate to your Contacts page
- Click on the group you wish to upload a file to on the left-hand side
- Click Upload a File in the center of the screen
- You may drag and drop your file into the dialog that appears or click Choose a File to find the file on your computer.
- Once you've chosen your file, Text-Em-All will try to determine what each column in your file represents in terms of phone number, name, notes, and additional phone numbers for each contact. A preview will be presented to you
- If anything looks incorrect then click Modify to make changes to what each column is named.
Note: We accept .xls, .xlsx, and .csv files.
I'm having a problem uploading my file
If you encounter an issue uploading your file, try these troubleshooting solutions.
- You must include at least one 10 digit phone number in your file.
- Make sure your file is not open in another program.
- Try modifying your column headers by clicking the Modify button before importing it.
- If we detect any bad records you may click View in the top right corner then click Bad Records to see exactly which records are reading as bad.
- If we detect any duplicate record you may click View in the top right corner then click Duplicate Records to see exactly which records are reading as a duplicate.
If you are having trouble formatting your file, check out the .CSV examples below to get started!
Upload to CONTACTS
- The example includes fields for Primary Phone, First Name, Last Name, Secondary Phone, and Notes.
- When uploading a file into CONTACTS, if you have fields other than these, the system will not import those columns.
- Up to 2 alternate phone numbers can be added
- Valid 10 digit phone numbers can be in any of the following formats: XXX-XXX-XXXX, XXX.XXX.XXXX, XXXXXXXXXX, (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Upload to BROADCAST
- When uploading a file in Step 2 of Creating a Broadcast, additional columns (seen in orange) will import for Personalization use.